Saturday 18 August 2012

M.I.A

Sorry I have been M.I.A for a few days. I know - I just started this blog and I already went missing! LOL. The truth is, I went away with my family. I didn't post beforehand because I don't like to advertise when I won't be home (even though we had people checking in on the house and cats).

We went camping for 3 days to the place I always went camping at with my family when I was little.

The kids had so much fun. We only had a few days because husband had to go back to work, and we weren't sure how the kids would be (and me - remember my 7 random things? See #1). Well, the kids slept so well, and I slept okay. The first night it rained off an on all night and so I was up for most of it worried that it was going to turn into thunderstorms and we'd all have to go running to the car. And how would we get the kids there safely, and how would we all sleep? Yes, we have a van, but the back was full of food/coolers/ stuff you can't keep in your tent because it will attract animals like raccoons, and bears. So we'd have to sleep in the seats, which would not be comfortable. Then I worried that Little C wouldn't be safe sleeping in his car seat (SIDS). We had a tarp (we call it the testosterone tarp) over most of the campsite so you could get from tent/camper/dining tent without getting wet. And almost to the cars. Even though the kids and I slept in the camper with my Mom (and husband and my Dad in the tent), I was still anxious all night. I was anxious the rain (especially when it started raining harder - though it sounded worse on the testosterone tarp than it really was) would become thunder and worse - lightning. The it could hit a tree, which could fall on us and kill us. I felt better being in the camper but then I worried about my husband and dad in the tent. They had the dog - so I felt a little better - animals have a sixth sense about these things right? So surely she would be acting crazy if something were going to happen. And all of that went through my mind. Over. And over. All. Night. Long. Yes, it exhausts even me. I was so worried I made myself sick. Please don't let my daughter be this way too.

So anyway, other than some rain the first night, which didn't start until 11pm, and cleared up by lunch time the next day, we had beautiful weather. Perfect sleeping weather (it got cool enough to have a camp fire both nights), and we crammed a lot in. Since we were only there 3 days (including driving there and back), we didn't get into the real routine, but still had a great time. Can't wait to go next year for longer (as long as there are no thunderstorms in the forecast!).

No comments:

Post a Comment