Wednesday 8 August 2012

Inspired Wednesdays - Home Management Binder

Every Wednesday I plan to post something that is inspiring me. It could be inspiration to do something in my own home, something to change in my life, or just an inspiration to me. I hope you enjoy! And I hope I remember to post every Wednesday!

This week's inspiration is the Home Management Binder. I have just completed creating my own pages (hello! trying to get out of debt - not going to pay someone for some printable pages of tables etc.) - or at least enough to get started.

The Home Management Binder will help keep everything in one place, so that we can always find what we are looking for (without having to search out information from the filing cabinets). Currently, husband and I are trying to purge all the unneeded c.r.a.p. from our house (and hopefully our lives). As I posted before, we had a somewhat successful garage sale in June, and we will be having another one in September. We are tired of the junk and the clutter/disorganization in our home (and lives). We have a very small house and have now added a baby (and all the equipment and supplies that go with that - seriously, I had forgotten how much stuff a baby has - and combine that with all the toys and books and clothes out preschooler has, and we are bursting at the seams). Since we can't afford to move to a bigger house, we need to make better use of the space we have. And in order to do that, we need to be better organized so we can find things, and throw things out if not needed. So, enter the Home Management Binder.

Sorry, I don't have pictures right now (honestly, I am just too tired to take them and post them - I will later). However, I have listed the pages I am using/have created:

  • Finance Calendar (what bills come out, when, and how much - as well as income) - current month
  • Debt Overview (list all debt, provider, account numbers at a glance)
  • Debt Repayment Log (one page per debt listed on overview, with more details and tracking payments - especially extra payments)
  • Home Repairs (date, service, provider, and warranty - i.e. plumber)
  • Weekly Budget information (who got paid, how much, what needs to be paid/transferred/carried forward, and how much cash - since we pay for groceries/gas/allowance in cash)
  • Important Contacts (name, relationship, phone number - such as vet, family doctor, family members, lawyer etc.)
  • Household Maintenance -2012 (a checklist - i.e. smoke alarms - test, and then we can check off under each month that we test them)
  • Vehicle Information & Maintenance Record (one page per vehicle)
  • Pet Information and Vet Appointment Record (one page per pet)
  • Important Account Numbers/Information (ie Company Name, Phone Number, and Account Number for the cable, internet, cell phones, home phone, gas, hydro etc. so it is all at a glance - no more pulling out old bills to find this information)
That's it for now. As we get using it, I am sure I will make changes to the pages as well as add new pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment