Thursday 9 August 2012

Being a Grown Up Sucks Sometimes - Part 2

My fridge died. First it was the freezer. I noticed the $25 package of chicken breasts and the $13 of chicken drum sticks I had JUST bought at Costco (and portioned out into individual dinners) still were not frozen two days after putting them in the freezer. Then I noticed all the souvlaki pork that was frozen was getting soft. Then the popsicles melted. Miss P was so upset that she couldn't have one - after not having any for weeks, we finally had some and now they were pouches of coloured liquid!

Now my freezer seems to be cycling between a freeze and then thaw cycle. So everything in my freezer is now garbage. And tonight, I noticed the store-bought thermometer I keep in the fridge was reading 10C. Um, a fridge is supposed to be between 2-4C. Not 10. So now half the contents of my fridge are garbage.

We spent hours last night looking for the warranty information. When we were buying our appliances we somehow got talked into purchasing 5 year extended warranties on them. These days, I never pay for extended warranties, since it's usually a waste of money. This is one instance I am glad we did. We couldn't find the paperwork, but the store had it on file.

So when does our extended warranty run out? November 29th. Phew! Repair person will be here tomorrow. On the plus side - I get to go shopping. But being a grown-up sucks. That's a whole lot of money/food down the drain!

Now I have to figure out what to feed Miss P for breakfast tomorrow since we can't eat any of the milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt etc. in the fridge. Toast with peanut butter and water to drink. Yum. :$

No comments:

Post a Comment