Saturday 19 January 2013

Anyone out there...?

2013 so far has not been very kind to us. While nothing really, really bad has happened, it has been a frustrating few weeks. In an effort to make it a better year, or to make the most of frustrating situations, I am going to do 2 things: 1. I am going to appreciate what I do have, even in the frustrating times. Every day. I will appreciate my health, my husband, my kids, my family, the fact that I have a job and a home. The fact that everyone I love is healthy. 2. Going to make some New Year's Resolutions. Since January 17th is typically the day that people give up on their resolutions - "resolution ditch day", I thought it would be a good time to start my resolutions. So, here they are. Resolutions: 1. This will be the year I get healthy. Not just about losing weight, but getting healthier in general. 2. This is the year we will make a major plan to tackle debt and start being able to do the things we keep putting off (this will be a hard one, since we will have 2 kids in daycare for a while). 3. Stop procrastinating. There are so many things we talk about doing to the house, and 5 years in, we haven't done hardly any of them. 4. Start making our house feel like our own - on a budget (DIY) and blog about it.\ 5. De-clutter, sell stuff, etc. We don't use about 60% of the stuff we have in the house. So why have it? We have a very small house, and can't afford the real estate to be wasted on junk. 6. Be more organized - this includes organizing the house, as well as our life - from menu plans and shopping lists, to laundry and clutter. 7. Spend more time appreciating what I have, and spend quality time with my kids and husband - this includes more date nights with husband. So there you have it, my list of goals. What are yours? Is anybody out there (I feel like I am the host on a late night radio show asking listeners to call in and tell me what they are doing, lol)...?

No comments:

Post a Comment