Wednesday 11 July 2012

On the Road to Financial Freedom

On our quest to acheive financial freedom (as in, no debt other than mortgage, and a down payment on a bigger house in a couple of years), we have decided that we will 'shop our house'. We want to redo some rooms/rearrange and reorganize. Instead of heading to Ikea to buy furniture (and I do love going to Ikea - they make small spaces seem so easy to live with), we have decided we are going to shop our basement to see if we already have what we need to make the spaces we are redoing work. Hey - when I was purging stuff for the garage sale I came across a dozen picture frames! Apparently, I kept buying and misplacing them, and going out to buy more. And none of them have been used! So, into the Christmas box they go (since I no longer need them - I eventually used ones I bought). Since I am on maternity leave and money is tighter, people will be getting a lot of homemade gifts (like preserves, art from the kids etc.), as well as framed family photos! LOL. Not only am I recycling, and purging, but I am saving money (well, I already spent it, but saving money from this year's Christmas budget)! Now that's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment