Friday 26 April 2013

You've Got Mail

Remember when AOL and the internet were new, and you would click on the little mailbox and wait for those three awesome words: "You've Got Mail"? Now everything comes electronically and we rarely get 'snail mail'. And now we get excited when we do get snail mail. Like today: Sweet P got two, count 'em - TWO pieces of snail mail today! She was so excited. And she was the only one in the house to get mail.

The first was a postcard from my brother and his wife that are currently travelling in Europe. Sweet P has been asking, every day since they left, where her letter is. LOL. Well, it finally arrived from Spain today.

The second piece of mail was a chain letter for a sticker club from her friend. The concept is, you mail a package of stickers to the kid whose name is in the #1 spot. Then you move the name of the kid who sent it to you into the #1 spot, put your name in the #2 spot, and send it to 6 kids. So those 6 kids will send stickers to the kid whose name is in spot #1 and then move your name to spot #1. Sound confusing? I am probably not explaining it well, but the bottom line is that within a couple of weeks, Sweet P should receive 36 packages of stickers! I was thinking of doing this with recipes for adults.....how fun would it be to receive 36 new recipes in the mail? Or email might be better.

Anyway, Sweet P was so excited to receive mail today. Someone should invent a talking mailbox that says "You've Got Mail" when you open your front door.

P.s. I know it's cheesy, but I love that movie. I know most people love Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in Sleepless in Seattle (which I hate), but I prefer You've Got Mail.

P.s.s. I am still working on the "before & after" post about our reno......I accidentally took all the after pictures in RAW and don't have the time to go and edit them. So I am waiting for another sunny day to take the pictures in JPEG.

p.s.s.s. Little C is 11 months old now.....he will be 1 next month and Sweet P will be 4 next month.....that also means I go back to work next month (boooo - I really wish I could stay home with the kids forever)......

No comments:

Post a Comment